Demonstrator: Bill Stuart Bill will demonstrate the patternization of Damascus and Mokume Gane and explain the differences between the two processes. Bill will use clay for his demonstration instead of actually
Demonstrator: Bill Stuart
Bill will demonstrate the patternization of Damascus and Mokume Gane and explain the differences between the two processes. Bill will use clay for his demonstration instead of actually forging metal to eliminate the weld and etch time. You will get more information in this l-day demonstration this way.
Bill will conduct a workshop on Sunday morning. Students will make a mokume gane bracelet.
Please, do not bring dogs to the ranch.
– Registration begins at 8:00 AM, the demonstration starts at 9:00 AM.
– Registration fee:
$15 for members
$20 for non-members
– Laurel Denton will serve her famous lunch for $10 a head. Please RSVP to 928-442-3290 by May 11 to ensure that there will be a lunch for you.
– Saturday evening dinner and Sunday morning breakfast will be available for $10 and $6 respectively. Call Steve Miller at 602-989-6505 by May 11 to reserve your dinner or breakfast.
– Camping: bring your tent or RV and stay Friday and Saturday night. There are no hookups, but a bathroom is available. Please call Barry Denton at 928-442-3290 or email Barry at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on camping.
– Tailgating is encouraged. Tailgaters, please consider donating to Iron-in-the-Hat.
– Bring things for Iron—In—the—Hat and Show—and—Tell. Don’t forget to put your name on anything you bring for Show-and-Tell.
1. I-17 to Cordes Junction Exit
2. Exit at Prescott/ Cordes / Hwy 69. Travel West through Dewey to Prescott
3. Turn right at Sheldon
4. At the T, Turn right on Montezuma, which will become Iron Spring Rd. (8 mi)
5. Turn right on Conteras Road (3 mi)
6. At the T, turn right, go one mile. Bar U Bar is on the right.
All Day (Saturday)
5425 North Tonto Road Skull Valley AZ 86338