Demonstrator - Desert Metal Craft 544 E. 24th Street Tucson, AZ Demonstrators: Rich Greenwood and Joe Madrid 9:00 - 12:00: Rich Greenwood Grinding: It's Not Just for Bladesmiths * Basic shop uses of a grinder * Using
Demonstrator – Desert Metal Craft
544 E. 24th Street
Demonstrators: Rich Greenwood and Joe Madrid
9:00 – 12:00: Rich Greenwood
Grinding: It’s Not Just for Bladesmiths
* Basic shop uses of a grinder
* Using a grinder instead of hand filing.
* Body mechanics for the blacksmith using a grinder
1:30 – 4:00: Joe Madrid
Making Simple Tools
* Punch plate
* Twisting tool, etc.
* Registration begins at 8:00 AM, the demonstration starts at 9:00 AM.
* Registration fee:
$15 for members
$20 for non-members
* Lunch is on your own. There are several good eating spots in the neighborhood.
* Tailgating is encouraged. Tailgaters, please consider donating to Iron in the Hat.
* Bring things for Iron-In-the-Hat and Show-and-Tell.
Be sure to put your name on anything you bring for Show-and-Tell.
* The workshop on Sunday is $100. Students will make a small knife and work on griding skills. Contact
Richard Rozinski at 602-803-7255 or email@example.com to register.
Directions to Desert Metal Craft
544 E. 24th St. Tucson, AZ
* I-10 to the 22nd Street exit
* East on 22nd Street to 2nd Avenue
* South (right) on 2nd Avenue to 24th Street
* East (left) on 24th Street
* Desert Metal Craft is one block east at the railroad tracks.
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Desert Metal Craft
544 E 24th St