18mar9:00 am4:00 pmDemo - Steve Williams - Mesa Community College
March Demo Demonstration: Saturday, March 18, 2023 Workshop: Sunday, March 19, 2023 Welding Technology Building Mesa Community College Mesa, AZ Due to unexpected events, Brian Brazeal will not be able to do the March demo.
Demonstration: Saturday, March 18, 2023
Workshop: Sunday, March 19, 2023
Welding Technology Building
Mesa Community College
Due to unexpected events, Brian Brazeal will not be able to do the March demo. Steve Williams, who runs the Cowboy Forge in Mancos,
Colorado, will step in for Brian Brazeal for our March demo and workshop.
Steve said, “I will be demonstrating how to forge weld a piece of 5/8″ square rod to ½” round rod to make a fire poker with a forge welded end. We
will also be fullering and twisting the decorative handles on the pokers.”
Steve Williams Biography
Steve grew up on a small farm and ranch in Southwestern Colorado. After high school, he worked for 15 years in the construction field. In 1996 he attended Frank Turley’s Blacksmith School in Santa Fe and spent the next two years working for Boone Wrought Iron in Dolores, Colorado forging custom ironwork for homes in Aspen and Beaver Creek. He then went to work at Forging Ahead in Durango and continued forging custom ironwork in Durango and Telluride. During this time Steve developed his own style and in 2002 opened the Cowboy Forge Blacksmith Shop in Mancos, Colorado. Steve started teaching in 2009 at the Vo-Tech school in Mancos and now teaches beginning to advanced classes as well as one-day workshops in his shop in Mancos.
* Registration begins at 8:00 AM, the demonstration starts at 9:00 AM.
* Registration fee: $15 for members, $20 for non-members,
* Tailgating is encouraged.
* Bring things for Iron-In-the-Hat.
NOTE: No folded tickets. Any folded tickets that are drawn will be thrown away.
* Bring things for Show-and-Tell. Don’t forget to put your name on anything you bring for Show-and-Tell.
* Lunch is on your own. There are several good restaurants in the neighborhood.
* Tailgaters, please consider donating to Iron in the Hat.
* Forge welding
* Sunday, March 19, 2023, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
* The fee for the workshop is $100.
* Contact Richard Rozinski at 602-803-7255 or email@example.com to register.
President’s Project for March:
The March President’s Project is a candle holder for any size candle you choose. Bring your candle holder Saturday morning and add it to the collection of other candle holders near the registration table.
Directions To the MCC Welding Technology Bldg.,
• I-10 to the Superstition Freeway (US 60)
• East (toward Mesa) on US 60 to Dobson Rd.
• North on Dobson Rd.
• Turn right (east) (almost immediately) on W. Solar Way.
• Follow W. Solar Way around (or through) the South Parking Lot to Bldg 52, the Welding Technology Bldg., on the S.E. corner of the South Parking Lot.
Remember Iron in the Hat
Thanks to all of you who have participated in Iron in the Hat. By purchasing tickets and donating items, you help support AABA events and projects. Items for donation can be a tool, piece of art, something you made specificaly for iron in the hat, something you don’t need in your shop, a great book, a t-shirt, a hat … something an AABA member would enjoy.
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mesa Community College
Leave A Comment