Demonstration: Saturday, September 16, 2023 Workshop: Sunday, September 17, 2023 Dead Horse Ranch State Park Cottonwood, AZ Demonstrator: George Witzke For our September demonstration, George Witzke will forge a 3-piece sign bracket using a variety
Demonstration: Saturday, September 16, 2023
Workshop: Sunday, September 17, 2023
Dead Horse Ranch State Park
Demonstrator: George Witzke
For our September demonstration, George Witzke will forge a 3-piece sign bracket using a variety of traditional, fundamental blacksmith techniques including upsets, tapers, hot splits, scrolls, and hot punched and drifted holes. The pieces will be joined using both riveting and mortise and tenon joinery. George will demonstrate a variety of decorative twist styles that can be incorporated into any of the pieces.
* Registration begins at 8:00 AM, the demonstration starts at 9:00 AM.
* Registration fee: $15 for members, $20 for non-members
* Dead Horse Ranch State Park has a $7.00 entrance fee that gets you a pass for the entire day. Tell the people at the gate that you are with AABA and they should give youa free pass for the day. If not, AABA will reimburse you.
* Lunch is on your own. There are several good eating spots in Cottonwood.
* Tailgating is encouraged. Tailgaters, please consider donating to Iron in the Hat.
* Bring things for Iron-In-the-Hat and Show-and-Tell.
Be sure to put your name on anything you bring for Show-and-Tell.
* There are a few camping spots and cabins at Dead Horse Ranch State Park. Call Richard Rozinski at 602-803-7255 to check on current availability.
* The George Witzke workshop on Sunday is $100. This workshop will give students hands-on experience with the techniques that George demonstrates on Saturday. The workshop project demands that students possess established hammer control. All materials and equipment will be provided. Bring your own safety gear. Contact Richard Rozinski at 602-803-7255 or email@example.com to register.
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm